As we close out the year and take a look back, hybrid events were a big focus in the event industry. Looking ahead into 2022, including a virtual audience seems to be a priority for our clients. AV production is critical for hybrid event success, and for many planners might still be a new experience.
To help understand and navigate how to plan AV production for hybrid events, we thought it would be helpful to do a recap of the Untethered Production in the Age of Hybrid Events webinar from earlier in the year, hosted by Seamless CEO Laurel Miller, Jen Kingen Kush (certified DES and Founder, Kingen Kush Solutions), and Hilary Laney (CEO, Evia).
“In some ways, planning a hybrid event comes down to five little words: Prioritize the moments that matter.“
In the webinar, Laurel, Hilary and Jen walk you through how to make that happen.
Here are links to each segment of webinar:
- In What is a Hybrid Event, Anyway? they define a hybrid event.
- In How to Engage Remote Audiences they cover how to think strategically about three different types of hybrid audience setups.
- In What to Bring to the Conversation with Your Production Partner they offer insights on building a hybrid budget.
- In Hybrid Event Budgets: How to Host a Cost-Effective Event they (as you’d guess!) provide cost-effective suggestions for hybrid events.
- In Can Your Venue Really Provide Adequate AV for a Hybrid Event? they share how to talk to venues about tech requirements for hybrid events.
- In 4 Reasons Hybrid Events Continue to Gain Traction they discuss some of the most exciting interactions they’ve observed at hybrid events along with the potential they see for this new form of gathering.
Want to dive straight into the full webinar? We’ve got you covered, too!
Hybrid Events in 2022?
We all know better than to make predictions about what the future holds these days. However, here is what the Glisser Market Research Report: How Do Planners Really Feel About Hybrid Events? (2021) has to say:
“With almost 80% of survey respondents having run, or currently planning to run, hybrid events in 2021, one thing is certain — virtual and hybrid events are here to stay.”
Looking forward over the course of a year (May 2021–22):
- 79% of surveyed planners expect to run at least one virtual event
- 82% expect to run at least one hybrid event
— Glisser Market Research Report: How Do Planners Really Feel About Hybrid Events? (2021)
Need Help Planning a Hybrid in 2022?
We are happy to offer a free consultation to help you plan your AV, or give you a quote for your AV services. Let us know if we can help.