If you’re looking for compelling reasons to host a hybrid event, start with a recent Glisser Market Research Report — How Do Planners Really Feel About Hybrid Events?
As part of a May 2021 industry survey, planners were asked, “What are the principal reasons that you are considering running hybrid events?”
Their top four answers range from pragmatic to proactive:
- reduce risk currently associated with in-person only events (51%)
- increase audience size (44.9%)
- improve inclusivity (42.9%)
- audience behavior demands both in-person and online attendance options (40.8%)
To further your exploration of this new model, join Seamless CEO Laurel Miller, Jen Kingen Kush (certified DES and Founder, Kingen Kush Solutions), and Hilary Laney (CEO, Evia) for the final segment of their hybrid-centric webinar.
Earlier, they they defined a hybrid event, discussed how to think strategically about three different types of hybrid audience setups, offered insights on building a hybrid budget, provided cost-effective suggestions for hybrid events, discussed concerns with venue’s Internet and bandwidth, and shared how to talk to venues about tech requirements for hybrid events.
In this inspirational 12-minute clip, they share some of the most exciting interactions they’ve observed at hybrid events along with the potential they see for this new form of gathering.
Watch this clip to learn:
- how technology can amplify and broaden attendees’ experience
- why rehearsal is crucial part of live streaming
- what to consider when it comes to your event’s digital files
- when to forgo a fully live event for a semi-live event (with pre-recorded elements)
“With almost 80% of survey respondents having run, or currently planning to run, hybrid events in 2021, one thing is certain — virtual and hybrid events are here to stay.”
Glisser Market Research Report: How Do Planners Really Feel About Hybrid Events? (2021)
Looking forward over the course of a year (May 2021–22):
- 79% of surveyed planners expect to run at least one virtual event
- 82% expect to run at least one hybrid event
As Hybrid Events become more common, it’s important to take time to speak with an AV producer to discuss options and understand factors that will affect costs and event success for remote audiences. Seamless Events can help. We offer free consultations to discuss creative AV production for your virtual, hybrid, and in-person events. Fill out the form below and we’ll contact you.