Let’s get to it: yes, virtual events are still a thing in 2021!
At Seamless Events, we appreciate that our clients rely on our extensive audio visual expertise; many decided to collaborate with us on virtual events when the pandemic first hit. Now, we’re helping event planners “know what they don’t know” so they can evaluate the type of event that’s best for their audience: hybrid, virtual, or socially distanced in-person meetings.
Smart AV choices can make or break any event, especially ones that have a virtual element. Take a look at how one of our clients jumped in and created such a successful virtual event that their audience demanded more of the same in 2021!
Who: Moz, a Seattle-based tech company; Moz builds best-in-class SEO software for every situation.
What: Do a fast pivot to take MozCon 2020 from its usual live, three-day format to a virtual experience that would make attendees feel they’d gained, not lost, from the shift. Moz was determined to be among the first to host a large-scale virtual conference.
Background: People come to MozCon from around the world to do more than just learn from the best SEO practitioners — they arrive expecting a highly theatrical event that transports them to another reality.
What we did and how we did it: Thanks to an aggressive timeline, MozCon Virtual debuted just 2.5 months from the time their in-person event was cancelled. For context, a virtual event of this scope and scale typically requires 7 or more months of planning!
Seamless helped Moz deliver on the MozCon brand promise: high-value content, synergistic interactions, and experiences that wow.
Pre-recorded Speaker Sessions
Support for US-based and international speakers included the following elements:
- Remote Recording Kits with high-quality audio visual tools were assembled and shipped to each presenter to ensure consistent quality across speaker recordings.
- Tech checks and recording support were offered to each speaker prior to recording. This let Seamless test equipment and set-up, coach presenters, and provide high-touch support that allowed speakers to focus on their presentations.
Presentation editing designed to keep audience engagement high and aid accessibility for all attendees. This included:
- transitions that made the best use of the content by shifting from close-up views of the speaker to views of the slide content — as well as views of both speaker and slide together
- custom motion graphics for presentation introductions, as well as lower third graphics to emphasize or highlight content
- full closed captioning hard-coded into video files
MozCon Virtual 2020 registration soared to approximately 3000, double that of the in-person event. Attendee feedback was so positive, they chose to go virtual again — and we’re thrilled to be collaborating with them on this summer’s MozCon Virtual 2021!
Hubspot featured Moz in 2 articles: 7 Companies Hosting Great Virtual Conferences and How to Build Community-Centric Virtual Events, According to Moz’s CMO (which also gave a shout-out to Seamless Events!).